Friday, April 1, 2016

Monteverde

The birds wouldn't hold still so I took a picture of this sign
Monteverde! If there's a more beautiful spot in Costa Rica, I am yet to see it! Our students had their most adventurous day of the trip and, for the most part, it was a resounding success. I will apologize in advance for the brevity of this post, but the s'mores and discoteca are in full swing and I don't want to miss out on any of that fun.

Horseback riding this morning was a terrifyingly great experience for most students, but a little too frightening for others. Although a few students opted not to participate and one poor student had a bit of a scare, the students all had smiles at the end of the day and will surely come home with great stories to death-defying feats. While I took some video of the fun, I did not bring my camera so I will try to post pictures later.

Bus 2's wonderful guide, Freddy, is responsible for a large portion of the fun and learning on our trip
Sadly, I was taking care of some trip business this morning so I missed out on the zip-lining adventure that followed horseback riding. Luckily, the students told me all about it! It goes without saying that flying through a tropical canopy was a highlight for many students! Again, no pictures so I'll try to post more later.
Exploring the cloud forest... no sneaking up on animals with this group!
My highlight of the day was the hike through Monteverde's cloud forest. A combination of fauna camouflage and not-so-sneaky students hindered our animal sitings, but the scenery was as remarkable as always and we did manage to snap a few pictures of tropical flowers and some of the braver birds.
Exploring the cloud forest
Tomorrow is another travel-heavy day as we make our way to Playa Hermosa on the Central Pacific Coast with stops at a crocodile tour and canopy tour alone the way. To the beach!

Cloud forest sitings
Cloud forest sitings, it's a kite!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Rottman! We just appreciated your commentaries.
      :-)

      Delete
  2. You have packed a month into 8 days. Thanks. We are envious

    ReplyDelete